Born in 1924, Shirley Chisholm was many things: nursery school teacher; author; the first…
5 Ruth Bader Ginsburg Quotes that Will Inspire and Empower You
Happy birthday to the woman, the myth, the legend herself: Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Or as she’s more affectionately known, The Notorious RBG. Born in 1933, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was sworn into the Supreme Court in August 1993, and has long been a champion for women’s right and gender parity in the United States.
To celebrate her birthday, here are five RGB quotes that inspire us:
1. “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.”
2. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.”
3. “Women will have achieved true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.”
4. “People ask me sometimes… ‘When will there be enough women on the court?’ And my answer is: ‘When there are nine.’”
5. “Feminism [is the] notion that we should each be free to develop our own talents and not be held back by manmade barriers.”
Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been in the fight for gender equality for nearly 60 years, and we’re so grateful for all that she’s done to lift women’s voice up. Happy birthday, RBG!